Region basks in sunshine as British Summer Time begins
- Credit: Ian Burt
We may have lost an hour in bed this morning - but the region has been treated to glorious blue skies and sunshine for start of British Summer Time.
Many people have been taking advantage of the wonderful weather and the fact it is Mothering Sunday, making trips to the coast, taking their dogs for a long walk or going on a family bike ride.
With the beautiful sandy beaches of Holkham, the stunning water ways of the Broads and the many country walks, we are spoilt for choice for how to spend the day.
Temperatures in Norwich today have reached 12c and it is looking like it could hit 15c by Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Son and mother Kevin and Shirley Gower have been enjoying the forest views in Great Hockam, near Watton, with Buster the dog.
Having only lived in Watton for two weeks, Mr Gower said they were taking advantage of the popular Foresty Commission site.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
The 57-year-old said: 'This is the first time in a long time we have been here. It is something different and it is nice to see a bit of weather like this.'
Bikers have been out in force on the trails at Brandon Country Park.
Laura Sampson and her 15-year-old daughter Caitlyn were enjoying the weather by walking around the 30 acres of parkland and nature trails.
The 42-year-old, who is from Claydon, near Ipswich and who is a keen cyclist, is a regular visitor to the site.
She said: 'It is lovely here. I was saying how lovely it is here with the birds. I am looking forward to summer.'
Have you been taking advantage of the weather? Email your pictures to rebecca.murphy@archant or Tweet them to @EDP24