Speedboat crash sparks search for possible casualties
- Credit: Archant
Coastguard rescue teams spent three hours searching for possible casualties of a speedboat crash before finding the owner safe and well.
The Gorleston Coastguard Rescue Team, HM Coastguard Lowestoft and the Broads Authority ranger boat were paged by Humber CGOC to reports of a speedboat crash near Reedham Marina.
A speedboat was found with substantial internal damage, no people, but items of clothing, prompting a three hour search for some distance in either direction of the river, joined by police.
Reedham Car Ferry helped out by holding the ferry so rescue teams could get across the river in the shortest time possible.
As the search was about to be escalated to a major missing persons incident the owner appeared safe and well, and said he had problems with the boat and placed it on the bank.
You may also want to watch:
Safety advice was given and the boat will be recovered by the owner and the Broads Authority on Tuesday.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school