Redgrave band Walkway set for festival gig slot
- Credit: Archant
An up and coming rock band are preparing to perform at a popular East Anglian music festival.
Walkway, which features brothers Chris and James Ready, from Redgrave, near Diss, will be taking to the stage of the four day Cambridge Rock Festival on Saturday, August 6.
The band have previously played at the festival and August's performance will build on Walkways' growing reputation in the rock world, following support slots with Status Quo and The Darkness.
Chris Ready is the lead singer and plays guitar and his brother plays lead guitar with the other members Alex Rosedale and Joe Evans playing bass guitar and drums respectively.
They will be performing the same day at the festival as Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy Band and Hazel Dean.
Michael Ready, the brother's father and who manages Walkway, said: 'The whole band are very pleased to be asked once again to play the main stage at the Cambridge Rock Festival.
'It is a very well and professionally run festival we are always more than happy to play and be associated with.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 5 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 6 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
'Walkway's performance at the festival is always very well attended and hope this year's Saturday slot will be no different, There is a great line up throughout the day ending with Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy Band
'The band have got very used to the big crowds these days with some of the bigger names we have been able to work with like Status Quo and the Darkness but always give our performances 100pc whether it be a small, medium or large venue.'
Walkway will soon release a new video to their single Mission Impossible, which features actress Claudia Adshead who is in the new Sacha Baron Cohen film.
The band will be performing all around the UK leading up to Cambridge Rock Festival and will have a follow up video to the song Take Me To The Top released around May or June.
For information on the Cambridge Rock Festival visit http://cambridgerockfestival.co.uk/