Red Arrows confirm their Cromer Carnival return this year
After a nervous wait, the Red Arrows have confirmed that they are returning to Cromer for their annual carnival star-turn.
The carnival's organisers had some nail-biting days as they waited for confirmation of the visit, which is one of the highlights of the annual week-long event every August.
Now the latest display schedule has been published, with Cromer Carnival inked in for Wednesday August 15.
But the traditional visit to Weymouth Carnival in Dorset on the same day has been dropped from the list - because the Arrows will be flying back from Russia and will only have time to visit Cromer.
Cromer Carnival press officer Kate Royall said: 'They are confirmed for the Wednesday - though we've yet to receive a time.
You may also want to watch:
'It's absolutely fabulous news and we are delighted. People come back to Cromer every year for the carnival, and the Red Arrows are one of the biggest attractions.'
The event will be a poignant one for Cromer, whose residents were shocked when - a few days after taking part in last year's spectacular display - Flt Lt Jon Egging died during a display at Bournemouth Air Festival.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The tragedy drew tributes from people in the town, who have taken the Red Arrows to their hearts over many summer appearances.