Recruitment day is more than a game of thrones for Bradwell re-enactment group
- Credit: Dragon Shields
Battle cries filled the air, sword clashed with sword and shield bashed against shield.
However, this was not a battle scene from Game of Thrones, but a recruitment day for a Dark Ages re-enactment group.
The Dragon Shields, a re-enactment group based in Bradwell, hosted its own recruitment drive, as it continues to grow in membership and popularity.
The group held an open invitational at the Mill Lane Centre, in which people could see what it is they do.
Formed by ex-Royal Marine David Holman, his wife and friends, the group attends events across the world, re-enacting not only battles, but the arts, crafts and skills of the Vikings.
Mr Holman said: 'We have had several new recruits join us this year and their training is coming along well. We are a family friendly group and it is a great hands on way to learn about Dark Age history.'
Visit The Dragon Shields on Facebook for information.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights