Recipe: Make our easy 15 minute Asian peanut chicken tonight
- Credit: Archant
Make this tasty Asian peanut chicken in just 15 minutes.
Backpackers, foodies and bloggers threw their collective chopsticks up in the air last week when news spread globally that Bangkok, the Thai capital of street food, was to see roadside vendors banned.
It's hard to imagine the thronging pavements of the city without this lifeblood pumping through them.
But fear not travellers, it seems the future isn't so set in stone after all. It appears there will simply be more regulation of these sellers, or perhaps zoning laws. And the locals don't seem too bothered. In fact, just days after the news broke, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and Tourism Authority of Thailand announced their hopes of holding a street food festival this June!
And anyway, you don't really need to travel to Thailand for great street food these days. The UK is exploding with incredible moveable feasts.
Pop to Maltby Street or Druid Street markets (a stone's throw from each other Bermondsey way) in London on a Saturday and you'll find some of the most delicious food. From Sri Lankan hoppers, to filled sticky rice buns.
You may also want to watch:
Or stay right at home and knock up this quick, mid-week sticky Asian chicken, with a spicy/sour sauce that'll really make your mouth water. The whole dish should take less than 15 minutes to prepare.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
Sticky Asian peanut chicken
500g chicken fillets, 1 clove garlic, 1tbsp soy sauce, 2tsps palm or brown sugar, 1 small carrot grated, 2 radishes grated, 3tbsps peanut butter, 8tbsps good hoi sin sauce (Stokes or Keejays are fabulous), 1 chilli deseeded and finely chopped (optional), 2tbsps toasted sesame seeds water to thin, greens and noodles or steamed rice to serve
Mix the chicken with the soy sauce and garlic. Now in a small pan mix together the sugar, carrot, radish, peanut butter, hoi sin and chilli. Warm through and loosen with a little water if it's too thick for you.
Place the chicken on a tray and grill until cooked through. Mix with the sauce. Plate up with the greens and rice and sprinkle sesame seeds over.