Rare crawler to appear at Big C charity ploughing day in North Elmham
- Credit: Archant
A couple from North Elmham will host a charity ploughing day in aid of Norfolk cancer charity, The Big C.
Tracks Charity Ploughing, now in its 11th year, will take place on Sunday, October 8, on Holt Road, North Elmham.
And this year a rare crawler tractor will appear at the event, and plough for the very first time.
Organiser Sally Webster said: 'The David Brown DB4 crawler was made as one of 121, and there are now only 12 left in existence.'
The day will raise funds for the charity which supports people who suffer with cancer. Tracks has raised more than £16,000 for the Big C over the last decade.
More than 30 track horticultural machines will be on display and in action at the event, and large and small machinery will plough a site of 28 acres, raising money for Big C via donations.
The event, from 10.30am, is free to enter, and will include stalls and a giant raffle, with more than 70 prizes on offer.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 6 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
Clive Evans, director of income generation and communications at Big C said: 'The Tracks Charity Ploughing event is one of the highlights in our calendar – pure unadulterated rural Norfolk fun.
'The event has raised more than £14,000 for Big C over a decade of ploughing.
'Every penny goes directly to support those in Norfolk and Waveney affected by cancer, through our four support centres and by funding ground-breaking research and state of the art surgical and diagnostic equipment.'
Call 07881 805368 for details.