Rapist faces jail threat

A 20-year-old man who dragged a teenage girl into an alleyway and repeatedly raped her at knifepoint, was warned he was facing a “significant” term in jail.


A 20-year-old man who dragged a teenage girl into an alleyway and repeatedly raped her at knifepoint, was yesterday warned he was facing a "significant" term in jail.

Kieran Alexander grabbed his 15-year-old victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, from behind as she walked home along Windsor Road in Lowestoft on January 11 this year.

He then he dragged her into an alleyway threatening her with a knife before subjecting her to a "serious and sustained" sexual attack.

Finally he stole his victim's mobile phone, before leaving the scene.

Yesterday, at Ipswich Crown Court, Alexander, of Brasenose Avenue, Gorleston, near Yarmouth, pleaded guilty to five counts of rape.

Most Read

He also admitted three further offences of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without their consent, sexual assault and robbery, all relating to the same attack on January 11.

At an earlier hearing in Lowestoft, magistrates heard how the victim had been seen on CCTV walking home just prior to the assault, which happened between 9.30pm and 10.15pm on Thursday, January 11.

The court heard how Alexander had grabbed the girl, taking control of her by threatening her with a knife, before carrying out a prolonged sexual attack.

Following the attack the victim ran home and told her mother, who called the police.

Shortly afterwards police arrested Alexander at a homeless hostel in Kirkley Cliff, Lowestoft, after discovering the victim's mobile phone in his room.

Prosecuting in Lowestoft, David Hutson said: "What we have is a stranger rape with violence.

"Here is someone who is as dangerous a person as could come before this court."

It also emerged at that hearing that it was not the first time Alexander had tried to attack a woman.

On March 21 last year he was convicted of common assault after trying to grab a woman as she walked alone in Yarmouth.

Mr Hutson said: "The facts are he grabbed a female from behind. Fortunately the incident was interrupted by another person, but clearly it shows great similarity."

When Alexander was interviewed by police he denied the attack, saying the victim's phone had been put in his room by someone else.

Yesterday, Judge David Goodin told Alexander that the offences he had admitted were "extremely

grave" and would result in him going to prison for a considerable time.

"A significant term of imprisonment is inevitable," he said.

Ordering the preparation of a pre-sentence report, Judge Goodin said the report should address

the question of whether Alexander posed an on-going risk to the public and in particular to young


Alexander was remanded in custody to await sentence at Ipswich Crown Court on April 17.