Railway Arms at Downham Market station set to reopen
- Credit: IAN BURT
A popular pub on a station platform is set to re-open.
The award-winning Railway Arms, at Downham Market, closed last October.
Tenant Ian Pinches left after a rent dispute with landlord Great Northern, which runs train services to King's Lynn and London from Downham.
Now Great Northern says it is close to confirming a new tenancy, meaning thre pub will soon re-open.
A spokesman added: 'We are very pleased to announce there will be a new tenant taking on the lease of the existing coffee shop and pub at Downham Market station.
You may also want to watch:
'We are working with the tenant to finalise plans and hope to announce details and their opening date very soon.'
The identity of the prospective tenant has not been revealed. But it is understood to be a local business.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
The Railway Arms was named the region's best cider pub three years running before it closed.