New 26-30 railcard launches in Norfolk and Waveney
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new railcard for people aged 26-30 launched in East Anglia today.
Check if your postcode is on the list above.
The scheme was announced by the government in the recent budget and will trial first for people living in East Anglia.
Anyone aged between 26 and 30 years old is able to purchase the card and card holders will then be entitled to a third off most rail fares, including Off-Peak, Advanced and First Class.
The card costs £30 and is valid for one year.
You may also want to watch:
At the moment it is only available digitally - travellers must download the Railcard app to start making the most of the discount straight away.
You can buy the 26-30 railcard online or over the phone by calling 0844 871 4036.
Following the trial the card is expected to be rolled out across the rest of the country.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village