Rail users set for weekends of disruptions as work carried out on tracks
- Credit: Network Rail
Rail users will have to endure more disruption as rail replacement bus services are put in place on journeys between Norwich and London this weekend.
Buses will replace trains between Witham and Colchester and a separate bus service will run between Kelvedon and Marks Tey.
The replacements come as work continues to install new tracks at Kelvedon which Network Rail says will make services from Norwich to London 'more reliable' for the millions of people that travel on this route every year.
The work continues this weekend on Saturday, October 7 and Sunday, October 8, the following weekend on Sunday, October 15.
Jamie Burles, Greater Anglia managing director, said: 'We'll make sure customers can complete their journeys while this vital work is taking place. We'll have about 50 buses a day and extra staff at stations to make sure customers catch the right bus on each day.'
You may also want to watch:
Meliha Duymaz, Network Rail's route managing director for Anglia, said: 'This work is essential to improve reliability and keep services running smoothly and safely on this busy main line as part of our Railway Upgrade Plan. When complete, the work will benefit all passengers using services that pass through the Kelvedon area. I'd like to thank passengers for their patience while we carry out this work.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab