Rail passengers face delays on the Norwich to London line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers are facing delays on services between Norwich and London this morning.
Train operator Greater Anglia has said trains are being delayed by up to 10 minutes and the disruption is expected until 12.30pm.
The operator is reporting that the disruption is being caused by a track defect between Diss and Stowmarket, and trains are having to run at a reduced speed on all lines in this area.
Greater Anglia said an earlier fault with the signalling system has now been rectified.
A statement from the operator said: 'The Network Rail team have identified a track defect which is being rectifed. As a result, trains will continue to run at a reduced speed whilst the fault is being rectified.
You may also want to watch:
'We apologise for the disruption to your train services this morning.'
For more information, visit www.greateranglia.co.uk
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk