Rail passengers face delays on the Norwich to London line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers are facing delays on services between Norwich and London this morning.
Train operator Greater Anglia has said trains are being delayed by up to 10 minutes and the disruption is expected until 12.30pm.
The operator is reporting that the disruption is being caused by a track defect between Diss and Stowmarket, and trains are having to run at a reduced speed on all lines in this area.
Greater Anglia said an earlier fault with the signalling system has now been rectified.
A statement from the operator said: 'The Network Rail team have identified a track defect which is being rectifed. As a result, trains will continue to run at a reduced speed whilst the fault is being rectified.
You may also want to watch:
'We apologise for the disruption to your train services this morning.'
For more information, visit www.greateranglia.co.uk
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen