Rail enthusiasts line the platform as steam locomotive A1 Tornado visits Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Rail enthusiasts and families alike lined platforms, bridges and countryside as a very esteamed visitor puffed into Great Yarmouth.
Dozens came to welcome locomotive A1 Tornado as it brought carriages of tourists to the seaside.
The loco, a Peppercorn A1 Pacific, visited as it pulled UK Railtours 'Easterling' tour, which saw it travel from King's Cross to Great Yarmouth and back.
There were cheers and waves as it steamed into the town, with spectators searching for the ideal vantage point to see the locomotive. Some chose the platform, others Breydon Bridge, others on marshland next to the track, but all kept a sensible distance.
Among those aboard were Ken and Hazel Stanton, who had travelled to London from Rayleigh to enjoy the tour as part of their 45th wedding anniversary celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stanton, 68, said: 'It was a wonderful trip, everything went completely to schedule and the weather was perfect.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award