Rail disruption today on Norwich to London line
- Credit: Archant
There is disruption for rail passengers in the region today on a number of Greater Anglia services.
There have been 14 rail cancellations today involving Greater Anglia rail services after a series of problems, including damage to overhead electric wires on the Norwich to London Liverpool Street train line.
The 6.24am Norwich to London service, due to arrive in the capital at 8.24am, was one of the cancellations but there have been several others, including:
• The 7.44am Saxmundham to Lowestoft due 8.33am due to a train fault.
• The 7.47am Felixstowe to Ipswich due 8.14am due to a train fault.
You may also want to watch:
• The 9.48am Lowestoft to Norwich due 10.33am due to a train fault.
Today's problems follow on from disruption last night on the Norwich to London line due to damage to overhead electric wires.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
A Greater Anglia spokesman said the damage between Romford and Shenfield meant all lines were blocked, with services from and to Norwich either cancelled, delayed or revised.
Network Rail staff completed initial repair work to the overhead wire damage at 7.20pm yesterday to allow train services to run through Shenfield in both directions. However, further issues will was not expected to be resolved until about 10pm.