Night flying warning to residents from RAF Marham
- Credit: Archant
Pilots will be carrying out night time flights in the RAF's new stealth bomber.
RAF Marham said its F-35 Lightnings would be carrying out "essential night time flying training" tonight and tomorrow.
Details of where the aircraft would be carrying out sorties have not been revealed.
But a notice to residents posted on social media warned aircraft would be active until 11.45pm.
Lightinings have replaced the Tornado as the air force's main strike aircraft.
You may also want to watch:
Declared combat ready three months ago, the F-35s are due for their first overseas deployment later this year when a number of the aircraft fly out to RAF Akrotiri, on Cyprus.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season