Quirky Dwile Flonking tournament to return to Geldeston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
The Waveney Valley Dwile Flonking Tournament will return to The Locks Inn, Geldeston, next weekend.
Teams from Norwich, Loddon, Bungay and Beccles will compete against invitation teams from Beccles Wine Vaults and The Wherry in Geldeston.
Held on Sunday, May 14, from midday, the game is played with one team joining hands to form a ring, with a member of the other side in the middle of the circle. They must put their beer soaked dwile on the end of a stick, and as they spin around attempt to hit an opponent. Points are scored depending on which body part is hit – but if the target is misses twice in a row then the competitor has to down a half of ale as quickly as possible.
Yanny Mac will be the Jobanowl, as teams vie for the coveted Stuart Sneddon Memorial Trophy.
There will also be music from Owl and Wolves and a family barbecue.
The event is raising funds for the community service Big Dog Ferry.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup