Quirky Dwile Flonking tournament to return to Geldeston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
The Waveney Valley Dwile Flonking Tournament will return to The Locks Inn, Geldeston, next weekend.
Teams from Norwich, Loddon, Bungay and Beccles will compete against invitation teams from Beccles Wine Vaults and The Wherry in Geldeston.
Held on Sunday, May 14, from midday, the game is played with one team joining hands to form a ring, with a member of the other side in the middle of the circle. They must put their beer soaked dwile on the end of a stick, and as they spin around attempt to hit an opponent. Points are scored depending on which body part is hit – but if the target is misses twice in a row then the competitor has to down a half of ale as quickly as possible.
Yanny Mac will be the Jobanowl, as teams vie for the coveted Stuart Sneddon Memorial Trophy.
There will also be music from Owl and Wolves and a family barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
The event is raising funds for the community service Big Dog Ferry.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city