Did you spot our April Fool?
- Credit: PA/Ian Burt
Hands up if you spotted our April Fool spoof story.
We said King's Lynn was set to be named Queen's Lynn to mark Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee, along with landmarks, the town's football club and even its morris dancers. But we were pulling your leg.
Hundreds left comments on our social media platforms.
Haydn Farrell posted on our Facebook page: "Clever, but you need to get up earlier to catch me out."
Carol Carter said: "I almost fell for this."
Shirley Dawson admitted: "I am an April Fool because I fell for it! D'oh! "
Ray Williams added: "Just for a minute I fell for that."
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 7 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 8 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Some thought the idea was a good one.
Joel Hewitt Gudgin Pascale said: "I would actually love for this to be a thing."
And Alfie Sharp said: It was re named to suit a king so why not. Shame it’s an April fool because King's Lynn could really do with a re-brand."