Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn hopes for christmas spirit to inspire public donate to fundraising appeal
- Credit: Archant
They say Christmas is a time for being charitable and one hospital's fundraising manager is hoping the public will make her wish come true by organising events to donate money towards specialist care equipment for the elderly.
Laurence Morlaas, of Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn, said there are plenty of ways people can help the hospital as it seeks to raise £50,000 to buy vital equipment for its frail and elderly patients.
The hospital and the EDP have teamed up to launch the ExCel (Excellence in Care) Appeal, which aims to raise £50,000 to buy dementia software, specialist chairs and falls prevention kit.
Ms Morlaas said: 'You can come up with fundraising initiatives, ideas, schemes, organise events and activities, and collect sponsorship money.
'Businesses can become corporate sponsors, you can become a fundraising volunteer, or just donate online.
'You can also help us spread the word by displaying our posters.'
Sponsorship and donation forms are available at: www.qehkl.nhs.uk/fundraising
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal or pay by cheque: payable to 'Excel Appeal' and send to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising for the appeal? Email firstname.lastname@example.org