Q&A: Katy B impressed with line-up of Norfolk’s Sundown Festival ahead of performing alongside the likes of Olly Murs and Pixie Lott
One of the big-name acts preparing to take part in Norwich's Sundown Festival at the start of next month is London R&B star Katy B.
The pop star will join the likes of Olly Murs, Pixie Lott, Labrinth and Chase & Status at the Norfolk Showground over the first weekend of September.
The pop star is in the middle of a busy summer, as she recorded a song especially for the London 2012 Olympics with star producer Mark Ronson for one of the official sponsors of the Games, Coca-Cola.
However, the 23-year-old pop star took a break from her busy summer schedule to answer some questions from Norwich Evening News reporter David Freezer.
Here is what she had to say ahead of her performance on the Saturday main stage at the Sundown Festival on Saturday, September 1 - her final performance of a hectic 2012 summer.
David Freezer - Have you performed in Norfolk before or spent much time here?
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 5 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 10 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
Katy B - Yes I've performed at the UEA (University of East Anglia) and I've been there on holiday with my family - we went to Great Yarmouth and hired a boat on the Norfolk Broads so I can definitely say I've had the full Norfolk experience.
I also recently stayed in north Norfolk in a little cottage with a piano to write some songs.
DF - How much are you looking forward to performing at Sundown and coming to Norwich?
KB - I'm really looking forward to it, I love performing at festivals and making people dance!
DF - Are you impressed at the line-up for this year's Sundown, considering it is only the festival's second year?
KB - Yes definitely! Going to definitely check out Delilah, I'm a big fan, and obviously rave it up to my homey DJ Zinc, some Rodigan, Mistjam and MJ Cole.
DF - It looks like you're in for a busy summer, with your Olympic song with Mark Ronson, are you excited?
KB - The last couple of weeks have been amazing, I've got to run with the torch, watch the opening ceremony and perform at the torch relay finale at Hyde Park.
This summer has been great so far and I can't wait to perform at the other festivals coming up too.
DF - As a Londoner yourself, how excited about the Olympics are you?
KB - So excited! Meeting some athletes whilst I was recording Anywhere In The World, I felt so inspired by their dedication and passion and I think that is having such a positive effect on London.
DF - Did you play sports competitively when you were younger? Anything you were particularly good at?
KB - I grew up in a big family of boys so I always had to go to football with them in the summer holidays. I was on the football team at school, we weren't very good though
DF - Finally, any up-and-coming acts on the Sundown line-up that you think our readers should be looking out for at Sundown?
KB - I think Stooshe have got such powerful voices so I'll definitely be checking them out.
- The Sundown Festival, which successfully started as the Norfolk Spectacular last year, is being held at the Norfolk Showground over the weekend of September 1-2.
Olly Murs headlines on the Saturday, with Pixie Lott and Diana Vickers also on the bill, before Chase & Status headline on Sunday, following the likes of Labrinth, Zane Lowe and Dot Rotten.
For more information or to book tickets go to www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk or call 0871 224 1112 or 1113.
To watch a video of Katy B's Olympic-themed song with Mark Ronson, press play on the video above.
- Are you going to the Sundown Festival? Send us your photos and videos at www.iwitness24.co.uk