Here’s where you can pick your own pumpkins in Norfolk this Halloween
With Halloween just around the corner it's time to make your pumpkin plans. If you'd like to source yours fresh from the field this year then these are the Norfolk farms where you can pick your own.
Algy's Farm Shop, Bintree, Norfolk
Algy's pumpkin patch is ripe for the picking from October 1 to the end of the month. Whether you're looking for a puny pumpkin or a more voluminous vegetable, Algy's Farm has the Halloween staple in all sizes. Pack your wellies and get ready to do some heavy lifting (or not if you pick a little one).
The farm shop is open from 9am – 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sundays. You can find out more about picking your own pumpkins at Algy's on its website. MORE: Trick or treat: 10 fangtastic things to do this Halloween in Norfolk
Hill Farm, Norwich, Norfolk
Pumpkin picking season is underway at Hill Farm too. With a large field of all different shapes and sized to choose from, you're bound to find the perfect pumpkin for your autumnal activities.
You may also want to watch:
The farm is open from 8.30am – 4pm on week days and 8.30am – 12.30pm on Saturdays. It's closed on Sundays.
White House Farm, Norwich, Norfolk
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
White House Farm is also ready for pumpkins pickers in their PYO patch from October 1. It's a place to find pumpkins in their natural state so make sure you're mud-proof and be prepared to pull your prize from its stalk.
The farm is open Tuesdays to Saturdays 9am – 5pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm.
The Tacons, Rollesby, Norfolk
As the PYO pumpkin field at The Tacons doesn't fully open until October 20 (though the weekend of October 13 and 14 is available for picking), this could be one for late bloomers who want their pumpkins fresh for Halloween.
The shop is open daily from 9am to 6pm, while the PYO runs from 10am to 4pm.
Do you plan on picking your own pumpkin this Halloween? Let us know in the comments.