Put the kettle on to help Big C beat cancer through its Big Cuppa campaign
Coffee mornings, tea parties and summer fetes will be the order of the day next month, as the Big C holds its annual Big Cuppa campaign.
The campaign was officially launched at the cancer charity's office in Castle Meadow, Norwich, yesterday – with the hope of raising as much as �11,000.
The funds will be used to fund research into beating cancer at the University of East Anglia, as well as paying for support and vital life-saving equipment and running Big C's Cancer Support and Information Centre, based at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'We'd love to hear from anyone who wants to organise a Big Cuppa. We want to encourage the entire local community to make this a huge event.
'Money raised will go to making life easier for Norfolk and Waveney people affected by cancer.
'Last year we raised a fantastic �8,000 – but this year we're hoping to do even better and raise �11,000.'
Big C also wants to hear from companies, clubs or schools who want to join in with Big Cuppa week, which will be held between Saturday, May 12 and Friday, May 18. Ms Cologne added: 'We are hoping as many people as possible will get involved.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
To request a Big Cuppa pack, or for further details, go to www.big-c.co.uk, telephone 01603 619900 or email email@example.com
- Are you holding a Big Cuppa event? Send us pictures of your event and details of how much was raised at www.iwitness24.co.uk