Puppy saved by Taverham Vets after swallowing stick almost as big as him

Snowy the labrador puppy was saved by Taverham Vets after swallowing a stick almost as big as him. P

Snowy the labrador puppy was saved by Taverham Vets after swallowing a stick almost as big as him. Photo: Taverham Vets - Credit: Taverham Vets

The emergency team at Taverham Vets had a sticky situation on their hands when a Labrador puppy was rushed to their care.

Snowy the labrador puppy was saved by Taverham Vets after swallowing a stick almost as big as him. P

Snowy the labrador puppy was saved by Taverham Vets after swallowing a stick almost as big as him. Photo: Taverham Vets - Credit: Taverham Vets

Snowy the Labrador got himself into a bit of trouble after swallowing a large stick to stop his brother stealing it from him.

Staff at Taverham Vets jumped into action upon the puppy's arrival, performing an emergency gastroscopy, a procedure where a long flexible tube with a camera is used to look inside the oesophagus, stomach and small intestine.

MORE: It's a miracle! Kitten survives 30 minute spin in washing machineA spokesman for the Fir Covert Road animal surgery said: 'Thankfully for Snowy, Vet Helen was able to use the gastroscope to remove all 24cms of stick from his oesophagus and make sure he hadn't suffered any internal injuries.

'Snowy was back to being his usual bouncy self in no time and was able to return home the following morning.'


You may also want to watch:


• Do you have a similar story to share? Email courtney.pochin@archant.co.uk

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter