Public encouraged to join search for missing Holt police officer
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
Members of the public are being encouraged to join the search for a missing Norfolk Police officer.
Adrian Porter, known as Ady, was last seen at his home address in Holt at around 8am on Monday, April 29.
Now, 24 hours after the 46-year-old's disappearance, a search involving his Norfolk Police colleagues and the public is due to take place around his home town.
Anyone who wishes to take part in the search is asked to be at Holt police station at 10am this morning (Tuesday).
Simon Bailey, chief constable of Norfolk Police, said: 'He has now been missing for 24 hours and we are becoming increasingly concerned for his welfare.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got a significant number of additional officers on duty and all our search activities are being coordinated from Holt police station.
'I have asked members of the public who would like to help us with the search to be at Holt police station at 10am and we will coordinate their activities from there.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Mr Bailey is also appealing to farmers and game keepers to check outbuildings, woods or copses for the bicycle Mr Porter is believed to have left home on – a light green coloured Genesis model.
Mr Porter is described as being of slim build with closely shaved hair and 5ft 8in tall. He is believed to have been wearing a padded jacket, black canvas trousers and a blue hat similar to the one pictured, and he may have also been wearing glasses.
It is thought he might be in the north Norfolk area.
Anyone who has seen him or knows of his whereabouts should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 275 of April 29 2019.