Norfolk pub to be transformed into American-style smokehouse
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A major refurbishment project will see a pub in Great Yarmouth transformed into an American style smokehouse bar and grill.
The Gallon Pot, in Market Place, is currently closed, but a significant revamp is planned for the distinctive red-brick Georgian property.
The renovation of the interior of the building will be particularly dramatic; wooden flooring with corrugated iron panelling will run throughout and a number of striking fixtures and fittings, including neon lighting, will be installed.
Tables will be situated within booths, which will aim to simulate a relaxed American-style diner atmosphere and will seat around 50 people.
The exterior of the building will also be upgraded with new lighting, plants and signage, while the courtyard will be redesigned to accommodate al fresco dining and summertime drinking.
You may also want to watch:
Once the refurbishment is complete, the bar and grill will be available for rent.
Paul Devine, regional manager of the Ei Group, said the property has the potential to become the leading venue for food and functions in Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Orionids meteor shower to peak tonight
He said: 'The planned refurbishment will transform the look and feel of the pub offering a golden opportunity for an operator who can create a winning menu and follow it through with sky-high standards of service, food quality and hygiene.
'Set right in Great Yarmouth's market place, this pub couldn't be in a better spot, and its imposing frontage means it will always appeal to passing trade.
'The successful candidate needs to ensure the consumer experience always lives up to expectations. This could become the leading venue for food and functions in this busy town – and cask ales are important here, too, so an understanding of good beer is a must.'
Living accommodation is available on site for potential operator's of the Gallon Pot; on the first floor there are two double bedrooms, a single bedroom, a lounge, a kitchen and a shower room.
It is unclear as of yet when the refurbishment will be completed.
Ei Group are offering the premise for an introductory rental price of £15,000 per annum.