Promotion aim reiterated by Norwich City board in front of shareholders at packed AGM
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City chief executive Jez Moxey has insisted that the key priority for the club this season is 'promotion, promotion, and promotion'.
Speaking at the club's annual general meeting at Carrow Road tonight, Mr Moxey reiterated the board's commitment to helping the Canaries return to the Premier League - and he added manager Alex Neil had their 'total backing'.
Shareholders have been chance to quiz the board during a 45-minute Q&A session, with questions ranging from the £1.3m pay-off to former chief executive David McNally, player recruitment, and performances on the pitch.
In a presentation preceding the Q&A, Mr Moxey said: 'At the start of the season I had three main objectives: Promotion, promotion, and promotion.
'But having seen the last four games I pondered whether I should say that tonight or whether it would be crass.
You may also want to watch:
'But I'm going to say it anyway. We believe the football club can be promoted. The overarching ambition this year is promotion.'
However Mr Moxey also stressed the financial challenge posed by relegation from the Premier League was 'difficult'.
He revealed that City star Jacob Murphy has signed a new four-year deal.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Around 250 people went to the event.
For a full report of the AGM see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News.