Prisoner Keith Willis who had been locked up at HMP Norwich since 2001 was found dead in his cell, inquest hears
- Credit: Steve Adams
An 82-year-old prisoner who had been locked up since 2001 was found dead in his cell, an inquest heard.
Keith Willis died on December 14 last year at HMP Norwich.
An inquest review held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Thursday heard how there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.
His medical cause of death was recorded as bronchopneumonia as a result of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said medical statements had been requested, but were still outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a further review on August 3 this year.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage