Princess Charlotte pictured ahead of her first day at nursery
- Credit: PA
Princess Charlotte's first day at nursery school has been marked by the release of two pictures taken by her proud mother, the Duchess of Cambridge.
The two-year-old, who is fourth in line to the throne, was photographed at Kensington Palace before travelling to nearby Willcocks Nursery School.
Charlotte is pictured sitting down on some outside steps in the grounds of the famous palace and another standing as she holds onto a rail.
The young princess is wearing a scarf, coat and appears to have a rucksack on her back as she is photographed by her mother.
The princess will be a full-time pupil at the nursery, which charges fees of just over £3,000 a term for pupils attending its Monday to Friday morning school, and employs lots of play as children learn.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte gives her mother a cheeky grin in the two pictures taken during Monday morning before she travelled to school for the first time.
Kate, who celebrates her 36th birthday on Tuesday, is a keen and accomplished amateur photographer who last year accepted a lifetime honorary membership of the Royal Photographic Society which recognised her 'talent and enthusiasm'.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
The Duchess bucked tradition when she took the official photographs of her newborn daughter in 2015.
The photos of Charlotte showed the young princess being cradled by her older brother Prince George at William and Kate's Norfolk home, Anmer Hall.
The 35-year-old, a history of art graduate, has also released pictures to mark other milestones in her children's lives, including George's first day at nursery school and Charlotte's first birthday.