Norfolk sailing club gets a royal visit from Princess Anne
- Credit: Snettisham Beach Sailing Club
Snettisham Beach Sailing Club received a royal visitor when HRH The Princess Royal arrived to take part in the club's celebrations.
She was joined by members and sailors, as well as the Royal Yachting Association's CEO Sarah Treseder, in a visit on July 12.
The visit was to celebrate club developments, such as the naming of a new race control boat "Avocet" - paying tribute to the bird life in the area, as well as the club's support of the RSPB.
They were also celebrating the opening of the club's bungalow, which was recently converted into a holiday home for let and is available for the club's disabled sailors and instructors.
Members and guests of all ages enjoyed tea and conversation with Princess Anne.
You may also want to watch:
Club Commodore Adrian Tebbutt said: “It was lovely to speak to HRH The Princess Royal about sailing and the numbers of girls who are taking part with us."
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks