From Sandringham to the South of France - Harry and Meghan jet off to Nice
- Credit: PA
Prince Harry and fiancee Meghan Markle have flown to France for a winter break, according to reports.
After spending Christmas in Norfolk with other members of the Royal Family, Harry whisked his bride-to-be away to the warmer climate of the French Riviera.
But earlier today, there was speculation the couple's Cote d'Azur stay was short-lived, with local paper Nice Matin reporting they had left France this morning.
The couple began their new year getaway by flying in a scheduled plane in economy seats, according to reports.
Dressed casually Harry and Meghan sat at the back of the British Airways plane bound for Nice, but were soon spotted.
The prince and other members of the Royal Family have flown economy class before, on private trips and official visits, as it is thought it affords them some anonymity and can be cheaper and sometimes more practical than chartering a plane.
The couple flew to France on New Year's Eve, according to reports, to spend time with friends.
- 1 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 5 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 6 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 7 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
Nice Matin said after arriving at Nice airport, they were flown by helicopter to Monaco.
Over the festive period Ms Markle spent her first Christmas with the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and other members of the Royal Family at Sandringham.
The couple stayed with Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge at nearby Anmer Hall.