Revealed: When Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle
- Credit: PA
Palace officials have named the day when Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle.
The couple, who announced their engagement on November 27, will tie the knot at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on Saturday, May 19.
No more information about the ceremony was given in the brief formal notice from Kensington Palace, which was also transmitted via social media.
American Ms Markle, 36, is expected to become a UK citizen after the wedding.
Aides earlier confirmed the 33-year-old Prince and Ms Markle would be joining the Royal family's traditional Christmas gathering at Sandringham.
You may also want to watch:
They are expected to stay with Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge at their Norfolk retreat Anmer Hall, on the Royal Estate.
Confirmation that they will be attending is sure to swell the crowds of well-wishers who traditionally gather at Sandringham to greet the Queen and Royal Family when they attend church on Christmas Day.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk