Prince George and Princess Charlotte in starring roles as Pippa Middleton gets married
- Credit: PA
The society wedding of the year has seen Pippa Middleton wed James Matthews in front of royalty, family and friends.
A quiet corner of the Berkshire countryside was transformed into a major social occasion for the nuptials of the bride and groom who exchanged vows in front of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and former Wimbledon tennis champion Roger Federer.
Earlier Pippa looked radiant when she stepped from an open-topped vintage Jaguar wearing a bespoke Giles Deacon wedding gown, crafted to create the impression of being seamless.
The dress was teamed with a Stephen Jones veil, a Maidenhair Fern tiara and Manolo Blahnik ivory satin shoes.
Beside her was beaming father Michael who took his youngest daughter's hand and walked her into St Mark's church, in Englefield, Berkshire, where mother Carole met them at the entrance.
You may also want to watch:
Big sister Kate played a vital role and ensured her younger sibling looked her best for her big day. She rearranged her train and other parts of her dress before she made her procession into St Mark's.
But royal fans were left disappointed as there was no Meghan Markle among the guests, with William and Harry arriving together on foot.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
There is speculation she may make it to the wedding reception later being staged at the Middleton family home in nearby Bucklebury.
Royal watchers were cheered by the sight of Prince George and Princess Charlotte with the other pageboys and bridesmaids who arrived in classic cars.
Other guests included the groom's brother, former Made In Chelsea regular and reality television personality Spencer Matthews, Pippa's controversial uncle Gary Goldsmith and Princess Eugenie.