Mystery leak closes part of Norwich Primark store
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A large section of the Norwich Primark store has been cordoned off with warning signs, due to a mysterious liquid leaking from the ceiling.
Around 25 buckets and bins have been positioned inside the cordon to catch the drips, which appear to be coming from the ceiling.
Signs warning shoppers to avoid the area, alongside wet floor signs and mobile shelf units, surround the affected area, which is at the back of the St Stephens store near its homeware section.
The doorway into the store room has also been sealed off with buckets and warning signs, although staff still have access.
The leak started yesterday afternoon, when shoppers first spotted the buckets being positioned.
You may also want to watch:
One customer said there was a chemical smell in the area, but Primark is yet to confirm the cause of the leak.
The store has been approached for comment.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk