Preferred bidder chosen by Bennetts administrators
The administrators of electrical retailer Bennetts have entered exclusive negotiations with a potential buyer.
Partners at PKF, who were appointed joint administrators of the Norwich-based firm on March 10, have selected a preferred bidder and entered into a 'short exclusivity period' while a possible sale is negotiated.
No details of the proposed sale or possible buyer have been disclosed but PKF said it expected to provide further information early next week.
All other interested parties have been notified and the remaining 57 staff have been informed of the current situation.
The administrators have also expressed thanks to staff, customers, suppliers and landlords for their 'support and patience during this difficult period'.
You may also want to watch:
On March 12, the administrators announced 228 redundancies. All 16 stores, 14 of which are in East Anglia, remain closed.
Customers with queries are asked to call a helpline on 0845 4582000.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community