WATCH: Gallery & footage as Norwich City find their pre-season groove at Colney
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Take in our footage and images as Norwich City open their Colney doors to pre-season training, ahead of their Germany tour and Premier League return.
Manageable humidity, cloud cover and a freshness in the air. As far as the opening 20 minutes of a double session pre-season training day goes, the Colney conditions could have been far worse.
Keenly watched by Daniel Farke and instructed by his first-team coaching staff, a rare opportunity to watch and observe the start of training was in reality nothing more than a warm-up - the sort you'd see ahead of any match. And we all know not to judge a team by their warm-up.
Still, these are exciting times. The first chance to see how Norwich City's players have returned from their summer break, who is already looking eager to impress and the early mood in the camp.
For the record, those missing from Wednesday's morning session were merely given a breather before getting their go in the afternoon: Mario Vrancic, Timm Klose, Alex Tettey and Todd Cantwell being the quartet you won't find in any footage from the open drills.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile on the pitch behind, sporting director Stuart Webber was keeping a watching brief on an Under-23 session that included winger Ben Marshall - another nod to the former Wolves and Blackburn man not being in contention for first-team duty this coming season.
The impressive academy and gym buildings are open but the redevelopment and landscaping work is still weeks from completion. Yet it's already enough to show how far City have come in the last two years off the pitch.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
As pre-season training decamps to Germany on Friday, the journey to proving the same on the pitch steps up a gear.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…