Dozens near King’s Lynn left without power amid strong winds
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Almost 200 households near King's Lynn have been left with electricity after a power cut amid high winds that have battered the region with gusts in excess of 60mph.
UK Power Networks starting received reports from families left without power at shortly before 7pm today in parts of the PE32 1 and PE33 9 postcode areas.
Engineers have been sent to fix the problem but the company warned households could be left without power until well into the evening.
The areas affected includes villages to the east of King's Lynn.
A spokesman from UKPN said: 'Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault and to investigate the power cut affecting 176 properties. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.'
You may also want to watch:
This latest power cut follows numerous other reports of electricity being off in West Norfolk earlier this afternoon including in Sandringham, Castle Rising, Anmer and Downham Market.
Strong winds are expected to continue on Sunday, particularly in the afternoon, with gusts predicted to reach 50-60mph.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old