Homes in the Fens without power
- Credit: Archant
Homes across parts of the Fens are without power this morning.
UK Power Networks said more than 80 customers in an area south of Downham Market were affected, including Ten Mile Bank, Salter's Lode, Hilgay and Southery.
It said the failure was due to a fault in an underground cable.
Supplies are expected to be restored between 12.30 and 1.30pm.
Properties in villages west of Ely have also suffered an outage. UK Power Networks said it had been caused by a fault in a high voltage overhead line.
You may also want to watch:
It said it was awaiting an estimate from its engineers regarding when the problem would be fixed.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m