Power cut hits Downham Market
Engineers are working in Downham Market to restore electricity supplies to around 1,400 customers.
Electricity supplies in Downham Market have been restored after almost 2,000 customers lost their supplies.
A total of 1,912 customers had their power interrupted at 2.46pm and 518 were reconnected by 3.27pm. The remainder were back on at around 5pm.
UK Power Networks engineers worked on the site investigating the cause of the problem which affected the underground electricity network.
A spokesman for the company said the problem was not related to the strong winds being experienced in the area at the moment.
'We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused,' she said.
Elizabeth Pendleton, from Lingo Design, based in Bridge Street, Downham Market, said: 'It was annoying but what else can you do? We just made the best of the situation and did jobs which we didn't need electricity for.'
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 9 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move