Poultry producer Bernard Matthews appoints new chairman to top post
Turkey-giant Bernard Matthews has appointed a new chairman, with long-standing chief David Joll taking a non-executive role.
Alan Jamieson, has stepped into the post and will bring 'many years of experience in leading businesses' to the company, according to Bernard Matthews.
A spokesman for the EDP Top100 firm said: 'We can confirm that Alan Jamieson became the new chairman of the business from Tuesday March 29 2016.
'Alan brings many years of experience in leading businesses in the private equity environment and will work closely with the management team as we continue to move the business forward.
'Outgoing Chairman David Joll will continue his long association with the business as a non-executive director member of the Board.'
You may also want to watch:
Bernard Matthews Holdings reported pre-tax losses of about £5.2m for the year ended June 28 2015, an improvement from a loss of £9.9m a year earlier, according to its latest accounts filed at Companies House.
Turnover for the year fell from £306.8m to £276.7m.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?