Postal van couple deliver their money to charity
- Credit: Archant
After an adventure which covered 1,855 miles and used 241 litres of fuel, a Wymondham couple have presented a charity with a cheque for more than £4,000.
Jim and Jennifer Cawte travelled from Wymondham to John O'Groats, down to Land's End and back to Wymondham in their 1983 Royal Mail postal van.
The couple chose to raise money for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices' (EACH) nook appeal - a fundraising campaign by the charity to raise £10m to build a new children's hospice near Norwich.
Their 11 day adventure, which they called JOGLE - short for John O'Groats/ Land's End, raised a total of £4,350.
The couple presented a cheque to representatives from EACH at their recent open day held at Mannington Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cawte said she could not believe the amount she and her husband raised.
The 68-year-old said: 'We are absolutely thrilled because we thought we were pushing it saying that our target was £2,000.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
'We had such a good time and met so many lovely people who were generous and it made the JOGLE for us.
'I know it is only a small drop in the ocean because they're trying to raise £10m but hopefully it will help to inspire more people.'
For more information about EACH visit https://www.each.org.uk/