Post Office promises longer opening hours if Holt branch move wins stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant © 2004
The Post Office is pledging to deliver seven day a week opening if a plan to re-locate its Holt branch secures the stamp of approval.
The town's Budgens supermarket is being lined up as the base for the new branch, which is currently situated on Cromer Road.
A six week public consultation has now been launched ahead of a final decision.
The full-screened counter would open 9am–5.30pm Monday to Saturday and two open-plan counters and service point, offering a selected range of services, Monday to Saturday 8am-8pm and 10am-4pm Sunday.
The proposed move is part of a modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.
Regional manager Suzanne Richardson said: 'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
'This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.'
The consultation closes on September 14.
Write to Freepost YOUR COMMENTS to Post Office Ltd, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 03457 22 33 44 or textphone 03457 22 33 55.
Comments can also be shared online at postofficeviews.co.uk using the branch code 066136.