Popular Thetford Parkrun to celebrate fourth anniversary
- Credit: Ian Burt
Get your running shoes on and help Thetford Parkrun celebrate its fourth anniversary.
The weekly event, which is held at Abbey Meadows every Saturday morning, will celebrate its anniversary on Saturday, February 25.
In 2013, Melanie Floyd set up the park run to encourage people to get active. She said she never imagined it would have become so popular.
'It is great and is going from strength to strength,' she said. 'It is really popular and to be fair I thought it would probably fizzle out. But we have good numbers and we have good initiatives too.'
Ms Floyd said she hopes people will put on their fancy dress gear for the event and is asking people to bring along cakes to celebrate.
She added: 'I am excited this year as usually I am run director but someone is doing that so I can take part.'
The park run starts at 9am and is free. Runners and walkers are welcome. For more information visit http://www.parkrun.org.uk/thetford/
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 5 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 6 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia