Popular Rickinghall Model Railway Show set to return
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A popular model railway show is set to return to a South Norfolk village.
Run jointly between Diss and District Model Railway Society and Rickinghall Village Hall, there will this year be 16 quality layouts at this year's Rickinghall Model Railway Show.
A large marquee will again be attached to the village hall for the annual event on Saturday, May 6 to ensure plenty of room for visitors to move around and properly see the exhibits.
A spokesman for the event said: 'We expect to welcome a wide range of people, not only model railway enthusiasts but also others who come to see the show as an entertainment for all the family.
'There will be lots for everyone to look at, with plenty of action on the layouts, some serious railway modelling for enthusiasts, and even a 'Thomas 2' layout which can be operated by our younger visitors.
You may also want to watch:
'Model traction engine trailer rides will be available outside in addition to our permanent play area, and even an ice cream van in addition to our all-day refreshments
'The owners and operators of the layouts will be more than happy to share their knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm with visitors, as will the select band of traders who will be with us on the day.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
'The traders will offer a wide range from model locomotives, rolling stock and equipment, through everything needed to make model scenery, to the latest digital innovations and to railway-themed books, gifts and cards.'
Free parking is available at the village hall. Entry costs £5 for adults and £1 for children.
The event is open between 10am and 4pm each day.
For more details, visit, www.rickinghallvh.onesuffolk.net/events