Popular Rickinghall Model Railway Show set to return
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A popular model railway show is set to return to a South Norfolk village.
Run jointly between Diss and District Model Railway Society and Rickinghall Village Hall, there will this year be 16 quality layouts at this year's Rickinghall Model Railway Show.
A large marquee will again be attached to the village hall for the annual event on Saturday, May 6 to ensure plenty of room for visitors to move around and properly see the exhibits.
A spokesman for the event said: 'We expect to welcome a wide range of people, not only model railway enthusiasts but also others who come to see the show as an entertainment for all the family.
'There will be lots for everyone to look at, with plenty of action on the layouts, some serious railway modelling for enthusiasts, and even a 'Thomas 2' layout which can be operated by our younger visitors.
You may also want to watch:
'Model traction engine trailer rides will be available outside in addition to our permanent play area, and even an ice cream van in addition to our all-day refreshments
'The owners and operators of the layouts will be more than happy to share their knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm with visitors, as will the select band of traders who will be with us on the day.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'The traders will offer a wide range from model locomotives, rolling stock and equipment, through everything needed to make model scenery, to the latest digital innovations and to railway-themed books, gifts and cards.'
Free parking is available at the village hall. Entry costs £5 for adults and £1 for children.
The event is open between 10am and 4pm each day.
For more details, visit, www.rickinghallvh.onesuffolk.net/events