Popular classic car fund-raiser to return to Corton
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Vintage and classic cars will rev up once more as a popular fund-raising event returns to Corton this weekend.
After the success of the inaugural classic car show on the Corton village playing fields last year – where hundreds of people turned out – classic vehicles, sleek sports cars, vintage motorcycles, powerboats and buses will return for the event next Sunday, May 22.
This year's show at Corton playing field, near Lowestoft, will once again raise funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.
The event was organised by Garry Smith to raise funds for the hospital that helped save his granddaughter.
Mr Smith's Lotus Elise has had a very special makeover for this year's event, which runs between 10am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'This year we have a large craft fair, trade stands, bouncy castles, face painters, donkey rides, teddy tombola, a large raffle with lots of prizes and much more.
'This is going to be a great family day out, with all proceeds going to Great Ormond Street Hospital again.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
For more details contact Mr Smith on 01502 730505 or email email@example.com
Are you organising a community event? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org