Popular children’s choir to perform in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
A world class children's choir is to perform at a concert in Southwold.
Southend Boys and Girls Choirs will perform at a concert, which is free to all, hosted by Southwold Town Mayor, Melanie Tucker later this month.
The concert is being held in aid of the nominated mayoral charities for this year- St Barnabas Care Home and the Southwold Music Trust, with money to be raised by a retiring collection
'We are delighted to welcome the Southend Choirs back to Southwold for the sixth time in as many years; their concerts are always a real inspiration.
'We hope this event will particularly inspire the increasing numbers of young musicians in our region, and show them what can be achieved by young talent,' said Town Mayor, Melanie Tucker.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We have decided not to charge for this concert to make the finest music accessible to all members of our community, particularly families and those with young children, who are most welcome!'
Recent performances at the BBC Proms, St Peter's Basilica in Rome and St Martin in the Fields, alongside Aled Jones and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, has seen the choral ensemble's reputation grow with the national press describing them as 'heavenly'.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 9 The Norfolk waterway that is too rude for Facebook
- 10 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
Attendees will be able to enjoy a varied performance programme containing many well-known songs, including a medley from the West End hit musical Les Miserables.
The event will take place on April 30 from 3,30pm in Saint Edmund's Church, Southwold.
For further information please visit www.southwoldconcertseries.co.uk.