North Walsham nursery celebrates Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk nursery has celebrated its favourite county while also raising money for a good cause.
Youngsters at Poppies Children's Nursery in North Walsham's Memorial Park have held belated Norfolk Day celebrations by recreating a day at the seaside.
The events, which will continue across the week, have seen children have fish and chips and ice cream for lunch, dress up in costumes and learn about the work of the air ambulance which often uses the Memorial Park as a landing point.
Michelle Baker, deputy manager at Poppies, said the activities had given the nursery a celebratory atmosphere.
She said: "It's just lovely for the children to be aware of all the things around them, it's really important that they know what it means.
You may also want to watch:
"The air ambulance is very important to us. There's been a lovely atmosphere."
Norfolk Day, an annual event that takes on July 27, is a celebration of everything the county has to offer.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life