Pony to open new North Walsham pop-up shop
- Credit: Archant
The first of a winter's-worth of pop-up shops in North Walsham is set to open its stable doors tomorrow, Saturday October 5.
Kelly Mardell will open a saddlery, Ready Neddy Go, in part of the former greengrocer's shop at the top of Market Place.
The empty building has been leased until February by North Walsham's Town Team, set up to try and boost trade following the Portas report on the state of Britain's high streets.
The team want local entrepreneurs to rent space in the shop, at low cost for between one and three weeks. Rental is £125 per week which could be split up to four ways with other interested vendors.
Rebecca Matthews, town team secretary, said they already had bookings from people wanting to sell homemade crochet and lace work, jewellery, pottery and painting, and refurbished toys. Two interior designers have also taken space.
You may also want to watch:
Penny Pony, who belongs to Mrs Matthews' daughter Claudie, 13, will officially open the saddlery at 11am.
? Ring 01692 407509.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners