Travellers still on Norfolk park and ride site
PUBLISHED: 14:26 29 September 2018 | UPDATED: 14:26 29 September 2018
A group of travellers are still on a park and ride site at Sprowston.
The group is believed to have moved onto the site on Thursday (September 27).
Police and Norfolk County Council said they were aware of the encampment and were keeping an eye on them.
There was evidence some of the group were still there on Saturday (September 29).
A couple of caravans were still visible at one end of the park and ride site furthest away from the main entrance.
A third caravan was pulled onto the site during the afternoon.
As well as the caravans there were a couple of cars as well as washing lines with clothes hung out to dry.
There were also children hanging about the caravans.
Although rubbish was visible in the area it appeared to be either put in bins or next to bins.
A spokesman for Norfolk County Council said: “We are aware that travellers are currently on site at Sprowston Park and Ride and we are currently managing the situation.”
Norfolk Constabulary said they where also aware of the encampment.
Last month it was reported how a group of travellers would be evicted from another park and ride site - at Postwick - after ignoring a notice to leave.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard the group of caravans had been at the site since July 24.
Norfolk County Council applied to the court for an order after unauthorised campers had failed to leave the land on the park and ride site.
In June a group of travellers was evicted from Harford Park and Ride following an eviction order by Norwich Magistrates’ Court.
They then moved onto land opposite Next.
In the same month there were calls for more traveller sites are across Norfolk in order to reduce the number of unauthorised encampments.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.