Political figures challenged at panel event by Harleston school pupils
- Credit: Archant
Political figures were put through their paces when posed with challenging questions by school students.
Archbishop Sancroft High School, in Harleston, held its third 'Question Time' event with Richard Bacon, Conservative MP for South Norfolk; Deborah Sacks, representing Labour; Julian Flood, representing UKIP; Catherine Rowett, representing the Greens; and Jacky Howe, representing the Liberal Democrats.
It was organised with the Harleston and District Business Forum.
Luke Brown, 15, from Harleston, said: 'I am quite fascinated by the NHS.
'Young people are the future of the country and it is good that we get the opinions of adults.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bacon said: 'The level of engagement was very impressive. It is an opportunity for us to hear what is on the mind of your young people.'
Richard Cranmer, headteacher, said: 'We do it because we believe passionately we are preparing our students for life beyond school – and that includes being active citizens.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working