Political figures challenged at panel event by Harleston school pupils
- Credit: Archant
Political figures were put through their paces when posed with challenging questions by school students.
Archbishop Sancroft High School, in Harleston, held its third 'Question Time' event with Richard Bacon, Conservative MP for South Norfolk; Deborah Sacks, representing Labour; Julian Flood, representing UKIP; Catherine Rowett, representing the Greens; and Jacky Howe, representing the Liberal Democrats.
It was organised with the Harleston and District Business Forum.
Luke Brown, 15, from Harleston, said: 'I am quite fascinated by the NHS.
'Young people are the future of the country and it is good that we get the opinions of adults.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bacon said: 'The level of engagement was very impressive. It is an opportunity for us to hear what is on the mind of your young people.'
Richard Cranmer, headteacher, said: 'We do it because we believe passionately we are preparing our students for life beyond school – and that includes being active citizens.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall