‘Avoid the area’: Traffic slow after van collides with bridge
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been urged to 'avoid the area' following a crash on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
Traffic is slow through Ditchingham, near Chicken Roundabout after a van collided with the Ditchingham Dam bridge at 2.10pm, on Tuesday.
According to a Tweet by South Norfolk police, the bridge is closed following the crash and the vehicle has since been moved onto Ditchingham Dam road.
There is no access from or to Chicken Roundabout and the road is partially closed.
A Norfolk Police spokesperson, said: "We were called at 2.10pm to reports of a van in collision with a bridge. At 2.11, it was blocking the road.
You may also want to watch:
"No one was injured in the collision."
For traffic updates, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab