Police thank public for their help as 90-year-old missing man is found safe and well in Norwich
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 90-year-old man who was reported as missing in Norwich earlier this evening has been found safe and well.
John Platt was reported missing at about 7.30pm this evening (Sunday, October 26) and was thought to be in the Earlham area of Norwich, including Earlham Park.
However, police officers say they located the pensioner at the Tesco store in Cromer Road in the north of Norwich at about 10.45pm.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Police would like to thank the media and the public for their help in this matter.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery